Warehouse Worker III Job Description
Maximum qualified candidate possesses the skills to plan and control inventory activities by analyzing data based application system forecasts, to develop and maintain inventory requirements, which ensures service levels, inventory turnover and distribution of inventory goals are met, while providing efficient use of company resources. Processes system generated and manual material requests for purchase, and expedites deliveries as may be required. Provides information to customers and vendors concerning inquires for stock keeping units assigned or system standard purchases. Investigates discrepancies and initiates corrective action to forecasts and distribution requirements based on available stocking plans. Coordinates and requests follow up activities for inventory stocked at Supply Point locations.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Originates material requests to support customer service/operations and tracks inventory through the material management system.
- Assists and advises customers.
- Follows orders to completion including material return, if necessary.
- Maintains stock items at a desired level to meet efficiency standards; receives stock, ships material, and sets up material for pick up as required.
- Works under limited supervision. Follows all appropriate laws, Company policies and procedures.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
- Able to obtain/maintain certification to operate a forklift.
- Possess manual dexterity; able to use small hand tools.
- Physical condition to perform job duties; including seeing/hearing; fingering/feeling/handling/reaching; bending/crouching/squatting/kneeling; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying weights in excess of 50 pounds while climbing a ladder (heavy work).