Network Engineer Job Description
Establishes and maintains network performance by building net configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems.
This work involves establishing new hardware and network circuits.
- Audit ATM and IP network elements
- Move, build, and engineer ATM VP/VC paths as well as VLANS.
- Change and/or build new subscriber configuration in routers
- Turn-up new hardware
- Provision new circuits (T1, DS3, OC3, OC12, GigE, 10GE)
- Work closely with field technicians to complete physical and logical change
- Will need to be able to troubleshoot over the phone
Should have experience in provisioning and troubleshooting the following equipment types: Lucent PSAX (1250, 2300, 4500) Lucent CBX 500, Ciena DN7100, DSLAM equipment (Adtran, Alcatel, Calix)
Cisco Routers (7200 series), Juniper Routers (M, MX and E series), Ethernet Switches (Cisco ASR9000, 3600, 6500, Alcatel-Lucent 7450, 7705)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Internetworking Professional (CCIP)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-M)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist (JNCIS-M)
Tracking Budget Expenses, Project Management, Problem Solving, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Networking Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning, People Management