CAD Engineer for Telecom Industry
Ideal candidates will have exposure to utilities (specifically telecommunications - aerial and buried lines) and exposure to AT&T (OCalc, ARAMIS, ARES, OPTI), CenturyLink, or Google systems. As a CAD or computer-aided design technician, you'll use software to create design plans for telecommunication engineers. Would need to be a qualified AutoCAD Drafters for the Engineering and Design team.
- 1-2+ years of drafting experience in a production environment
- Any version of AutoCAD (2010 or newer) experience required and ideally exposure to MicroStation
- Nice to have: Exposure with aerial and underground utilities
- Responsible for designing products using computer-aided design software applications such as AutoCAD, Pro/ENGINEER, and SolidWorks.
- Designs products, creates and tests prototypes, and oversees other drafters.
- Design frameworks for a project.
- Generating construction drawings in AutoCAD
- Analyze, design and build business/technical solutions that deliver the client’s goal.
- Create detailed design documentation.
- Estimate time and costs required to complete project.
- Creating reports
- Define, create and maintain development methodologies, procedures and standards.
- Reviewing drawings using quality control processes
- Extracting records from OSP-FM
- Experience with Telecom, aerial, underground and redline drawings is ideal as drafters will be transferring notes from Field Engineers
- Candidates must be able to work on a W2 basis.
Produce final design specifications.
Supervise assistant drafters and other workers involved in the project design.